JOB POSTING – ASSISTANT EDITOR, THE VOICE MAGAZINE
The Voice Magazine is seeking a new Assistant Editor to handle all of the day to day duties of publishing The Voice Magazine each week. We publish 49 issues per year each Friday. Hours are flexible, but you must be able to devote 25-30 hours per week to this job. The Editor will work from home and must have a good quality computer and high-speed internet. Some software will be supplied.
– Superior writing skills and flawless copy editing.
– Very strong internet research skills
– Strong email skills (sorting, using attachments, blind copying, etc.)
– Familiar with HMTL.
– Experienced with Adobe Acrobat PDF maker, PhotoShop, and Microsoft Office
– Knowledge of copyright and privacy legislation an asset.
– Graphic and photo editing for the web
– Knowlege of proper citation guidelines and fair use requirements
– Must be very detail-oriented.
The Assistant Editor will be responsible for the following:
– Copy editing all submissions
– Formatting and completing the pdf edition of The Voice each week
– Uploading all articles to The Voice website each week
– Responding to email inquiries to The Voice
– Formatting and creating graphics for articles
– Writing copy as needed
– Developing new column ideas
– Checking articles for proper citations
– Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant must live in Canada and will be in close contact with the Executive Editor by email and phone. If you are interested in this position, please email Tamra at email@example.com with a cover letter, resume and sample of your writing. Applicants will be asked to complete a copy-editing and writing skills test. Remuneration will be 20-25k per annum, depending on experience. The Voice is an equal opportunities employer.