AUSU Job Posting – Chief Returning Officer
The Athabasca University Students’ Union (AUSU) represents AU students and their interests. The Union strives for a fair and accessible election process for members to the Students’ Council. To this end, AUSU is seeking a student to fulfill the role of Chief Returning Officer (CRO) for the 2008 AUSU General Elections.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The CRO’s responsibilities, as outlined in AUSU policy, are collecting nominations, verifying the eligibility of nominees, informing candidates of campaign policy, enforcing campaign policy, collecting votes, confirming voter eligibility, counting ballots on March 13, 2008,?and as needed for any recounts?and reporting election results to council. The election will be open from March 9 through March 12 and the CRO will be required to be reachable by phone during that time. Throughout January and February, a commitment of 1 hour a week (via email or phone) may be required.
The CRO reports to the Executive Director of AUSU and AUSU Students’ Council.
– Applicants must have strong organizational abilities.
– Applicants must be comfortable with Excel and email, including attachments.
– Applicants must be able to analyze and apply policy to ensure a fair election process.
– Candidates in the 2008 AUSU General Election are ineligible for this competition.
– Candidates must be able to operate out of the AUSU head office located in Edmonton, AB.
Apply to: Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Application will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.
$500 stipend, payable upon completion of the election process.