The Athabasca University Students’ Union (AUSU) represents AU undergraduates and their interests. The Union strives for a fair and accessible election process for members of the Students’ Council. To this end, AUSU is seeking a student to fulfill the role of Chief Returning Officer (CRO) for the 2012 AUSU General Elections.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The CRO’s responsibilities, as outlined in AUSU policy, include arranging to receive, collect, and maintain ballots in a secure location, confirming the official vote count, notifying candidates of the results, and conducting the appeal process as required.
The CRO reports to the Executive Director of AUSU and AUSU Students’ Council.
– be bondable
– have strong organizational and logistical abilities
– be able to analyze and apply policy to ensure a fair election process
– be proficient with email, attaching documents, and using spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel
– be able to check email once per day and reply to several emails per day throughout the election period
– not run for a position on Council in this election
$500 stipend at the close of the election and all appeal periods in March 2012.
January 23, 2012
Apply by email, with resume and cover letter as attachments in Word or PDF format, to email@example.com.