International News Desk – At Home: Internationally Confused – Around the World: Deadly Bug Snacks

International News Desk – At Home: Internationally Confused – Around the World: Deadly Bug Snacks

At Home: Internationally Confused

Canada and the US have similarities, to be sure. But that doesn’t quite explain how a drunk driver somehow crossed the border into Canada yet had no idea she’d entered a different country.

As the Toronto Sun reports, Cassandra Olbrys was ?so plastered she thought she was in Detroit when she crossed the Blue Water Bridge into Canada.? She told border officials that she ?had been trying to go home.?

Olbrys, who ?had no prior criminal record,? had blood alcohol levels ?two-and-a-half times over the legal limit.? She was fined and is banned from driving in Canada for a year.

Around the World: Deadly Bug Snacks

Extreme eating is an increasingly popular sport. But it could be deadly, as in the case of one Florida man.

As the CBC reports, 32-year-old Edward Archbold ?died shortly after downing dozens of . . . live bugs as well as worms.? He was one of 30 contestants participating in a roach-eating contest.

Archbold ?became ill shortly after the contest ended and collapsed?; he was rushed to the hospital but was pronounced dead there.

Authorities are unsure whether the death was due to the bugs, particularly since ?[none] of the other contestants became ill.? ?Unless the roaches were contaminated with some bacteria or other pathogens, I don’t think that cockroaches would be unsafe to eat,? an entomology professor told reporters.

%d bloggers like this: