This space is provided free to AUSU: The Voice does not create or edit this content. Contact email@example.com with questions or comments about this page.
– Feb 27: Bylaw Change Member Consultation (11am MT)
– Feb 29: March course extension deadline
– Mar 10: Deadline to register in a courses starting Apr 1
– Mar 10: AUSU Council Meeting (4:30pm MT)
– Mar 11: AUSU General Election Polls open
– Mar 14: AUSU General Election Polls close
– Mar 15: April degree requirements deadline
? Mar 16: AUSU Special Meeting of Council
[pElection Candidates Announced!
AUSU received 9 candidates for the 2016 General Election. They are listed below (in alphabetical order by last name). Find out more about the candidates on the AUSU website here.
– Josh Cross (Ottawa, ON)
– Andrew Gray (Calgary, AB)
– Scott Douglas Jacobson (Fort Langley, BC)
– Phillip Kirkbride (Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, QC)
– Kim Newsome (Barton, NS)
– Brandon Simmons (High River, AB)
– Julian Teterenko (Edmonton, AB)
– Dixie Toliver (Okotoks, AB)
– Shawna Wasylyshyn (St. Albert, AB)
Since there are the same number of candidates as there are council seats, the ballots will have a ?Yes? or ?No? option for each candidate. Only candidates who receive more ?Yes? votes than ?No? votes will be elected to AUSU council, as outlined in AUSU Election Policy 3.01.
The election will take place March 11 to March 14, 2016.
All AUSU members are invited to join our Election Forum! This is the perfect place to ask questions of the candidates and find out more about them!
AUSU Bylaw Changes
During the February 11 council meeting, AUSU council passed a motion proposing changes to the AUSU bylaws to bring them into alignment with the Post-Secondary Learning Act. You can read more about this online here.
To ensure full transparency with the membership, AUSU is providing:
– 21 days’ notice of the first reading of the motion,
– Two consultations with our membership,
– Two readings of the motion, and
– 2/3 majority required to pass both readings.
The first membership consultation meeting was Feb 24.
The second member consultation meeting is this Saturday, February 27 at 11am MST. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to attend.
Readings of the Motion
The two readings of the motion are scheduled for the March and April council meetings, as follows:
– March 10, 2016 at 4:30pm MST
– April 14, 2016 at 4:30pm MDT
Please RSVP to email@example.com in order to attend.
AUSU has also created an online forum for our membership to pose questions and hold discussions about the proposed bylaw changes. AUSU will regularly monitor the forum for questions from the membership and to address any concerns.
The forum can be accessed online at http://ausugovernance.freeforums.net/.