This space is provided free to AUSU: The Voice does not create or edit this content. Contact email@example.com with questions or comments about this page.
– Mar 22: Deadline for election appeals
– Mar 31: April course extension deadline
– April 7: AUSU Annual General Meeting
– April 10: Deadline to register in a course starting May 1
– April 14: Council Changeover Meeting & second reading of bylaw changes
– April 15: May degree requirements deadline
The votes are in and we had a great turnout with over 1000 voters! The new council members elected in the 2016 AUSU General Election are as follows (in alphabetical order):
– Josh Cross (Ottawa, ON)
– Andrew Gray (Calgary, AB)
– Scott Douglas Jacobson (Fort Langley, BC)
– Phillip Kirkbride (Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, QC)
– Kim Newsome (Barton, NS)
– Brandon Simmons (High River, AB)
– Julian Teterenko (Edmonton, AB)
– Dixie Toliver (Okotoks, AB)
– Shawna Wasylyshyn (St. Albert, AB)
You can access the complete election on our website here, or you can view the certified results from the Simply Voting system through your confidential ballot.
The new council will hold an internal election for the three Executive positions (President, VP Finance and Administration, and VP External and Student Affairs) on March 31. The results will be announced on April 1, 2016.
Questions or Appeals
The appeals period runs from March 16 to March 22, 2016. Contact the Chief Returning Officer, Jacqueline Keena, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Annual General Meeting
AUSU’s AGM is scheduled for Thursday, April 7 at 4:30pm MDT. This is the perfect opportunity to find out more about what is going on at AUSU, get the first look at AUSU’s Annual Report, and ’meet’ the new council!
All members are welcome, and there will also be Q&A periods during the meeting for members to ask questions.
The teleconference information will be circulated to all members prior to the meeting.
The following motions and reports will be presented:
Motion: BIRT the AUSU membership receives and accepts the financial statements presented in the annual report as audited by Kingston Ross Pasnak.
Motion: BIRT the AUSU membership appoints Kinston Ross Pasnak as the auditors for AUSU’s financial records for the 2015-2016 fiscal year.
– AUSU 2016 Annual Activity Report
– Forensic Audit Recommendation Committee Report
– Executive Compensation Review Committee Report
– Policy 3.04 Revisions
The Annual General Meeting Agenda is available on our website here.