This space is provided free to AUSU: The Voice does not create or edit this content. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments about this page.
– May 6: Deadline to complete coursework for Convo?16
– May 10: AUSU Council Meeting (4:30pm MDT)
– May 10: Deadline to register in a course starting Jun 1
– May 13: June degree requirements deadline
– May 31: June course extension deadline
– June 9-11: 2016 Convocation
– June 10: Deadline to register in a course starting July 1
Student Lifeline – Parenting
Whether You’re a new parent, a single parent, or part of a couple raising a blended houseful of lively teenagers, you can likely use some support and tips from time to time. Student LifeLine can help with all your parenting concerns, and offer information and resources so your family can thrive.
Contact Student LifeLine any time, 24/7, to connect with a caring, experienced consultant for advice and tips you can put into practice today.
Log in to http://www.lifeworks.com to find expert resources:
– Listen to a NEW podcast, Holding a Family Meeting. A leading expert talks about the value of family meetings for children, parents, and extended family, and shares tips on how to hold one.
– Access a 32-page e-book for new and expectant parents, Becoming a Parent, or visit our Life Changes pages, New Baby or Starting a Family and Stages of Parenthood, for a wealth of articles and resources.
– Read articles, such as: Staying Strong as a Couple After Having a Baby, Building Your Child’s Self-Esteem, Helping Children Grow Into Healthy Adults, Raising a Child as a Single Parent, How to Unspoil Your Child, or Building a Good Relationship With Your Teenager.
Being a parent can be both a challenge and adventure. Preparation, knowledge, and confidence can help you be successful in the role.
1-800-567-2255 (TTY: 1-877-371-9978)
Username: AUSU Password: Wellness
Find out more about the Student Lifeline Health & Wellness program on the AUSU website here.
Student Awards & Bursaries
don’t forget ? the Deadline is May 1, 2016!
Find our more or apply online here.
AUSU Council Meeting
AUSU’s May council meeting is on May 10 at 4:30pm MDT. Meetings are held by teleconference, and all members are welcome to attend!