This space is provided free to AUSU: The Voice does not create or edit this content. Contact email@example.com with questions or comments about this page.
– June 9-11: 2016 Convocation
– June 10: Deadline to register in a course starting July 1
– June 14: AUSU Council Meeting
– June 15: July degree requirements deadline
– June 24: Edmonton Meet & Greet
– June 26: In-Person AUSU Council Meeting (Edmonton)
– June 30: July course extension deadline
Student Lifeline ? Stress Less
Do you find yourself feeling anxious, unable to focus, or losing sleep because You’re concerned about something that feels beyond your control? Maybe You’re a worrier, or maybe You’re chronically living with too much stress and pressure, and you could use some strategies to relieve it.
We all experience elevated stress from time to time. The key is to be able to recognize the cause, and manage it effectively before it gets the better of you.
Contact Student LifeLine any time, 24/7 at 1-800-567-2255 (TTY:1-877-371-9978) to speak with a caring consultant who can talk through your issues and help you tackle your stress at the source.
Student Lifeline is FREE for AUSU members!
You can also log in to http://www.lifeworks.com (username: AUSU, password: wellness) anytime to access hundreds of online resources that can help you manage your stress, such as:
– Self-assessment, What’s Your Stress Level?
– Online toolkits, Mini Exercises to Help Reduce Stress or Mindfulness, or listen to a podcast, 10-minute Awareness of the Body, for exercises you can do any time.
– Worry Not podcast featuring expert advice on effective ways to reduce worrying.
– Helpful articles: Dealing with Persistent Worry, Managing Stress, Using Your Smartphone to Relax, Meditation
Remember: We can all benefit from mild stress occasionally to keep us moving and motivated, but too much stress isn’t healthy. It’s important to be able to recognize when You’re feeling overloaded or overwhelmed, and to take steps to address the stress.
Student Lifeline is not just for stress – you can access help and support 24/7 for any issues, including health, wellness, work, life, money, school, community referrals, and more!
Stop by During Convocation!
If you are attending the 2016 AU Convocation, make sure to stop by the AUSU booth to say hi and pick up some free gifts courtesy of your AU Students’ Union. You can also pick up an adorable little plush grad bear for only $10!
Also, remembers to connect with other grads using the hashtag #AUGrad16!
Congratulations to all of the graduates!