This space is provided free to AUSU: The Voice does not create or edit this content. Contact email@example.com with questions or comments about this page.
– July 5: AU Open House Webinar
– July 8: Deadline to register in a course starting Aug 1
– July 15: August degree requirements deadline
– July 29: August course extension deadline
– Aug 9: AUSU Council Meeting
– Aug 10: Deadline to register in a course starting Sep 1
– Aug 15: Sept degree requirements deadline
APPLY NOW to join the Joint
Council / Voice Action Planning Committee!
AUSU is looking for volunteers to join a temporary ad hoc committee to create an action plan for The Voice! The committee will work over the summer (July/August) with the goal of presenting their report to council in mid-September.
This is a great opportunity to get more involved with your Students’ Union, and will provide valuable experience working on a non-profit committee! You will also receive a $50 honorarium per month of committee work as per policy 2.07.
The committee meetings will all be by teleconference and work can be completed online and by email, so you can apply no matter where you live! There will be teleconference meetings every one to two weeks (lasting one to two hours) until the committee work is completed in mid-September, and committee members should expect to spend approximately three to five hours per week on asynchronous tasks.
The primary objectives of the committee will be:
– to create a meaningful action plan to improve The Voice’s relevance and accessibility to the membership of AUSU and to increase its readership;
– to make recommendations on how AUSU council can support the implementation of the action plan through non-financial resources; and
– to develop a procedure to review and reassess the action plan on a regular basis
To find out more about this committee, visit our website here.
The following committee seats are available:
– 1-2 AUSU members that currently read the Voice
– 1-2 AUSU members that do NOT currently read the Voice
DEADLINE TO APPLY: MONDAY, JULY 11
Apply online here!
Deadline to Submit an Abstract for the
2016 Graduate Research Conference extended to July 4, 2016!
In case you missed last week’s update, AU undergraduate students are invited to submit their research for the 2016 Research Conference!
Presentations can be virtual or in-person, and can be a poster or a paper. If you are interested in presenting your research project for the 2016 Research Conference, you must submit an abstract that outlines your proposed presentation. The abstract should be no more than 250 words in a Word document.
The conference theme for 2016 is “Research Without Borders”.
Undergraduate applicants must be in their final year (last *30 credits) of their undergraduate degree at
AU to qualify.
The research conference will be held in Edmonton in September. More details about this are online here.
For complete details on submitting an abstract, visit the website here.