This space is provided free to AUSU: The Voice does not create or edit this content. Contact email@example.com with questions or comments about this page.
– Nov 30: December course extension deadline
– Dec 10: Deadline to register in a course starting Jan 1
– Dec 13: AUSU Council Meeting
– Dec 15: January degree requirements deadline
– Dec 25 ? Jan 3: Holiday Closure (AUSU and AU)
– Jan 10: Deadline to register in a course starting Feb 1
– Jan 10: AUSU Council Meeting
Student Lifeline – Caregivers
More than eight million Canadians — including many young people — say they’re caring for a friend or relative who is ill, disabled, or elderly. It could be at home, nearby, or from a distance. Although caregiving is rewarding, It’s also hard work and it can be one of life’s most challenging experiences.
If You’re trying to locate in-home care or other service providers to help you, if You’re stressed, or if you feel overwhelmed by trying to balance school, work, and caring for a loved one, Student LifeLine is here with support and resources.
This is a FREE service for all AUSU members!
Contact Student LifeLine any time, 24/7 at 1-800-567-2255 (TTY:1-877-371-9978) to speak with a caring consultant for expert advice.
You can also log in any time to http://www.lifeworks.com (username: AUSU, password: wellness) to access a wealth of helpful articles and tools, including:
– A new podcast, Caregiving Tips for the Sandwich Generation, with tips for caregivers on planning ahead and coping day to day.
– Articles: Caregiver Stress and Finding Support, Long-distance Caregiving, Involving Family Members in Caring for an Older Relative, The Sandwich Generation, When You Become Your Partner?s Caregiver.
– A full-length recording, Sharing and Caring
– Podcast, Caring for a Loved one with Dementia.
Student Lifeline provides help and support 24/7 for any issues, from health, wellness, work, life, money, school, community referrals, and more!
AUSU in Ottawa for Advocacy Week!
Our three AUSU executives are currently in Ottawa with CASA for Advocacy Week, where they are advocating for post-secondary education in Canada on Parliament Hill. Find out more about Advocacy Week online here.
Stay tuned for details about the trip soon!