This space is provided free to AUSU: The Voice does not create or edit this content. Contact email@example.com with questions or comments about this page.
– Dec 23: January course extension deadline
– Dec 23: Deadline to book exam for Dec course end date
– Dec 23 ? Jan 2: Holiday Closure (AUSU and AU)
– Jan 10: Deadline to register in a course starting Feb 1
– Jan 10: AUSU Council Meeting
– Jan 13: February degree requirements deadline
– Jan 15: Deadline to write exams for Dec course end date
Student Lifeline – Mindfulness
Give yourself a gift this month. Practice mindfulness.
Focusing your attention and awareness on the present moment — which is what mindfulness is — can help you manage everything from exam anxiety and holiday stress to family challenges and pressure at work. It can help you experience more satisfaction and joy in life, this month and every month.
Contact Student LifeLine any time, 24/7 at 1-800-567-2255 (TTY:1-877-371-9978) to learn how practicing mindfulness for even just a few minutes a day can help improve health and well-being.
This is a FREE service for all AUSU members!
You can also log in any time to http://www.lifeworks.com (username: AUSU, password: wellness) to access a wealth of helpful articles and tools, including:
Log in any time to https://app.lifeworks.com to access a wealth of online articles and resources, such as:
– Practicing Mindfulness to Reduce Stress podcast by George Mumford, who has taught mindfulness techniques to inner-city kids, prison inmates, corporate executives, and famous athletes.
– Infographics, such as Brief Mindfulness Exercises and Mindfulness at Work, and articles like Why Practice Mindfulness?, Being Present as a Parent and Using Your Smartphone to Relax.
– Our Mindfulness Toolkit, where you’ll find a host of audio exercises you can practice at work, before meetings, or anywhere.
Student Lifeline provides help and support 24/7 for any issues, from health, wellness, work, life, money, school, community referrals, and more!
#igo2AU Contest Winner
In November, AUSU held the #igo2AU contest to get students more involved with AUSU, with a free AU undergraduate course as the prize! We are happy to announce that we received over 800 contest entries. The winner was chosen at random from among the qualified entries.
Congrats to Jilian MacDonell for winning the contest!