This space is provided free to AUSU: The Voice does not create or edit this content. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments about this page.
– Apr 28: Deadline to apply for course extension for June
– Apr 30: Deadline to apply for 2017 Convocation
– May 5: Deadline to finish courses for 2017 Convocation
– May 10: Deadline to register in a course starting June 1
– May 14: AUSU Council Meeting
– May 15: June degree requirements deadline
– May 28: Deadline to apply for course extension for July
CASA 2017 Annual General Meeting
AUSU’s VP External and Student Affairs, Julian Teterenko, recently returned from the Annual General Meeting of the Canadian Alliance of Students’ Associations (CASA), which was held in Halifax. The AGM was centered on proposals designed to increase CASA’s advocacy reach, expand its public facing policy solutions, and reform its internal workings.
A few highlights from the AGM include:
– Approved partnership with UEQ (Union etudiante du Quebec) to represent shared interests to the federal government.
– New Alumni Council filled with ex-delegates and staff members to help advise CASA’s membership.
– New Member Relations Committee responsible for overseeing and improving the quality of relations CASA has with its members.
– Approval of a process for CASA’s members to propose and approve advocacy campaigns.
– Approval of numerous policy papers which will be publicly released over the next several months.
– Numerous policy amendments.
– End-of-year awards.
– Approval of a balanced 2018 budget
– ?Build-a-Foundations? activity to help plan CASA’s 2017 Foundations Conference schedule.
AUSU is proud to be a continuing member of CASA, which helps AU students have a voice at the national level.
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Last chance to apply for AUSU’s Awards and Bursaries!
The deadline is MAY 1 for numerous AUSU awards and bursaries ? AUSU has over $15,000 to give away to successful applicants!
Apply online here. DEADLINE: MAY 1.
AU Convocation 2017 is just around the bend, and it is an exciting opportunity to meet AU staff and faculty in person, visit the beautiful AU campus, and walk across the stage to get acknowledged for the hard work and dedication you put into obtaining your degree.
If you want to graduate in time to attend Convocation 2017, the deadline to apply is April 30, and the deadline to finish all course requirements is May 5.
Find out more on the AU website here.