Do you want a complete makeover? I mean a new body, a new brain, and a new bank balance? You can build a whole new body within eleven months, says Joseph Murphy in his book The Power of Your Subconscious Mind. In other words, in eleven months you can go from Richard Simmons to Rocky or Mother Teresa to Madonna (a.k.a Madge).
Even your spirit can change, depending on your choices. You can go from self-loathing to spiritualist in eleven months. Even your brain can change. You can go from F grades to straight A’s in eleven months. Even your name can change, your beliefs can change, your health can change, your residence and your career can change?all in eleven months.
I spent six hour days in hospitals for three years?a patient. And not a very good patient at that. My doctor said I had no hope of living a normal life?no school, no job, no hope. So, I plumped up and languished.
I even watched video clips of how my brain would progressively slacken, how my IQ would deteriorate, and how my prognosis would worsen. When I expressed big dreams, nurses hushed me, reminding me to think small.
But, I eventually met a woman who saw potential in me. She told me I could promote public performances. So, I held a musical performance?in less than eleven months. She told me I could thin down. So, I lost 70 pounds?in less than eleven months. She told me I could get a university degree, so I upgraded and entered university?in less than eleven months.
Murphy says our subconscious minds are highly receptive to messages. Just look to hypnosis. Hypnosis can turn someone with social anxiety into a social butterfly?in an instant. Suggestions gave me hope. What could the power of suggestion do to you?
Joseph Murphy tells you how to self-improve in his book The Power of Your Subconscious Mind.
– Whenever a negative thought comes to mind, change it to the positive immediately.
– Don’t listen to anyone who says, “You can’t” or “You’ll fail.”
– Imagine the best possible outcome of anything you do?and your subconscious mind will go to work at fulfilling that outcome.
– Believe in your success right from the start?and your subconscious mind will work toward that end.
– Do what you love. If you don’t know what you love, ask for guidance from a higher power. At the very least, your subconscious will set out to provide that guidance.
– If you have a problem, believe that you already know the answer, and your subconscious mind will work toward finding a solution.
– Your most productive years might happen between the ages of 65 to 95. Don’t underestimate what you can do during the later stages of life.
– You are as young as your thoughts. [My happy-go-lucky 80-year-old landlady felt like a big kid in an old body.]
– Some of the greatest minds in history made their intellectual marks after they turned eighty.
– Make your biggest dreams the ones that serve humanity.
So, let your subconscious mind take you from troubles to triumphs, from Doritos to turnips, and from Madge to Mother Teresa?in eleven months. And if you’ve got brains to spare, I’m looking for a new one.