This space is provided free to AUSU: The Voice does not create or edit this content. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Nov 28: Ottawa Student Meet & Greet
- Nov 30: Deadline to apply for course extension for Jan
- Dec 8: Deadline to register in a course starting Jan 1
- Dec 12: AUSU Council Meeting
- Dec 15: January degree requirements deadline
- Dec 22: Deadline to apply for course extension for Feb
- Dec 23-Jan 2: AU & AUSU holiday closure, inclusive
One of AUSU’s most important roles is to provide Advocacy for AU undergraduate students. AUSU advocates on behalf of all students at the provincial and national level, but we also provide advocacy at the University level, both on an individual basis and on behalf of all students.
If you are experiencing issues at AU that you would like assistance with, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com and we will do our best to assist you!
In addition, AUSU council and executives sit on over 30 different AU committees to ensure the student voice is heard, including:
- Board of Governors
- General Faculties Council
- Faculty Council for each Faculty
- Student Experience Team
- Student Academic Appeals Committee
- Academic Excellence Awards Committee
- .. and many more!
AUSU executives also regularly meet with various AU VP’s, including the President, Faculty Deans, and various other department heads.
Want to know more? Check out AUSU’s advocacy efforts on our website here!
Bryon Paege Memorial Award
CUPE Local 3911 is currently accepting nominations for the 2017 Bryon Paege Memorial Award – worth $850 this year.
The nomination deadline is 11 pm MT, November 26th.
What is CUPE Local 3911? It is the union for the tutors, markers, academic experts, and lab instructors employed by Athabasca University.
Any AU tutor, AU counselor or advisor, or AU student may make a nomination for this award. Self-nominations are also acceptable.
- be currently enrolled in an AU course, or have successfully completed one within the six months prior to the nomination deadline;
- have, in the opinion of the nominator, demonstrated courage and/or resourcefulness worthy of commendation in the overcoming of, or currently coping with, some particular challenge or adversity in order to pursue distance education studies.
Find out how to apply or nominate here.