This space is provided free to AUSU: The Voice does not create or edit this content. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
- Dec 12: AUSU Council Meeting
- Dec 15: January degree requirements deadline
- Dec 22: Deadline to apply for course extension for Feb
- Dec 23-Jan 2: AU & AUSU holiday closure, inclusive
- Jan 10: Deadline to register in a course starting Jan 1
- Jan 15: February degree requirements deadline
Studies show that the people most likely to succeed are those who give the most to others. Student LifeLine can help you get involved! From joining a committee or student group at school, to being a mentor, to volunteering in your community, there are countless ways to get engaged and give of your time.
Contact Student LifeLine any time, 24/7 at 1-800-567-2255 (TTY:1-877-371-9978) to speak to a caring, professional consultant for free expert advice or help finding a vounteeer opportunity that is right for you!.
You can also log in to https://login.lifeworks.com/ (username: AUSU, password: wellness) to access a wealth of helpful articles and resources, such as:
- Homepage feature called “Get Involved”
- Podcast on how to get involved after a natural disaster
- “Giving Back” Infographic
- Article on “Making the World a Better Place”
This is a FREE service for all AUSU members!
Student Lifeline provides help and support 24/7 for any issues, from health, wellness, work, life, money, school, community referrals, and more!
One of AUSU’s most important roles is to provide Advocacy for AU undergraduate students. AUSU advocates on behalf of all students at the provincial and national level, but we also provide advocacy at the University level, both on an individual basis and on behalf of all students.
If you are experiencing issues at AU that you would like assistance with, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to assist you!
In addition, AUSU council and executives sit on over 30 different AU committees to ensure the student voice is heard, including:
- Board of Governors
- General Faculties Council
- Faculty Council for each Faculty
- Student Experience Team
- Student Academic Appeals Committee
- Academic Excellence Awards Committee
- .. and many more!
AUSU executives also regularly meet with various AU VP’s, including the President, Faculty Deans, and various other department heads.
Want to know more? Check out AUSU’s advocacy efforts on our website here!