This space is provided free to AUSU: The Voice does not create or edit this content. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
- Dec 15: Jan degree requirements deadline
- Dec 24 – Jan 1 (inclusive): AUSU & AU office closure
- Jan 10: Deadline to register in a course starting Feb 1
- Jan 10: AUSU Council Meeting
- Jan 15: Feb degree requirements deadline
- Jan 15: Deadline to finish exams for course with Dec end
AUSU Advocacy Week 2018
Our latest executive blog is now posted, all about Advocacy Week 2018 in Ottawa – complete with photos!
This year, all three members of our executive team travelled to Ottawa in November 2018 as part of the CASA (Canadian Alliance of Students’ Associations) delegation, ready to bring the needs of post-secondary students in Canada to the attention of the federal government.
Some highlights of Advocacy Week included:
- Over 160 meeting with Members of Parliament (MPs), Senators, and other stakeholders
- Consultation with Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Meeting with Economic and Social Development Canada & Native Women’s Association of Canada
- Fireside Chat with various Canadian senators
- Reception at the Centre Block building of Parliament
- .. and more!
Visit our website here to find out more and check out our Advocacy Week 2018 Photo Gallery!
Help over the Holidays
The holidays can be a stressful time of year. For some, it can be lonely or isolating, especially with our dark, cold winters. For some, it could be overwhelming with too many commitments, social obligations, or family drama.
Whether you are juggling too much time or not enough time, struggling with budgeting, anxiety, loneliness, or just need some tips to get through the holiday season, AU’s Homewood Health Program is there for you.
For immediate support, 24/7, call Homewood Health:
1-888-384-1152 (TTY/hearing impaired)
1-877-301-4776 (Outside of Canada)
You can also access a variety of web-based services and resources on the website at homeweb.ca.
Find full overview of Homewood Health’s Services here