This space is provided free to AUSU: The Voice does not create or edit this content. Contact email@example.com with any questions. IMPORTANT DATES
- July 24: Call for Nominations for AUSU By-Election
- Jul 30: Deadline to apply for course extension for Aug
- Aug 10: Deadline to register in a course starting Sep 1
- Aug 15: Sept degree requirements deadline
- Aug 19: AUSU Public Council Meeting
- Aug 25: AUSU By-election
Run for AUSU Student Council!
AUSU currently has 4 vacant seats on council, so we will be holding a by-election on August 24, 2020!
If you are interested in advocating for students, being a part of an amazing team of AUSU staff and councillors, and creating an AU student community, then run for AUSU council!
Any AUSU member can run for council, no matter where they live or what they study. Since AU students are all distance learners, councillors can work remotely from all over the world, and most council work is done through email and teleconference.
What do AUSU councillors do?
AUSU councillors represent AU undergraduates students and advocate on their behalf. They also guide and direct the students’ union organization through its mission, vision, and values. Councillors attend council and committee meetings by teleconference, develop strategic plans, policies, bylaws, an annual budget, and more. Councillors serve for a 2-year term. Since this is a by-election, the newly elected councillors would serve until April 2022.
Visit our website here for more info.
NEW AUSU Peer Course Reviews
AUSU has launched new online Peer Course Reviews for Athabasca University undergraduate courses! The Peer Course Reviews were developed to provide students with a confidential way to rate their course experience at AU, and to provide feedback for fellow students!
You Could Win $100!
AUSU will give out three (3) Amazon Gift cards worth $100 each to students who fill out a Peer Course Review by August 31, 2020.
Recipients will be chosen. To enter the prize draw, you will be asked to enter your AU Student ID number (optional). Student ID numbers will not be publicized, provided to AU, or connected to the review content in any way. They will only be visible to the Students’ Union staff for the purpose of drawing prizes.
Why should you fill out a Peer Course Review?
- They can be filled out any time, even after you have completed your course(s).
- They are completely anonymous, so your review has no impact on your grades or relationship with your AU tutor or course expert.
- The AUSU Peer Course Review is different than the course evaluation sent out by Athabasca University, with a peer-based review perspective.
- AU students will be able to see the feedback provided by their peers to help them make informed choices about the courses they register in.