Halloween is slowing creeping in, although you’d never know it by all the decorations that showed up in the stores in mid-September! Such is the life of a consumer. This week I thought I’d make a sweet tooth favorite, candied apples! I’m drooling just thinking about them. Whether you’re a parent, DINK(Double Income No Kids), or single, candied apples probably give you memories. This year is a little different as well, some folks are going out and some are not. Neither choice is wrong, though, maybe you needed to hear that. Your choice is the right one for you.
The beauty of these is that you can wrap them in cellophane and send them off to friends and family, or maybe you’re going to have a private you and cohorts only party, or maybe it’s just you! These will still be awesome! And you can customize them. Love pumpkin Spice? Just add a little pumpkin spice seasoning to it!
Hope you enjoy, and Happy Halloween!
4-6 Popsicle sticks
2 cups white sugar
1 cup water
½ corn syrup
Red food coloring*
- Wash and dry the apples
- Add a popsicle to the stem area
- Grab a baking sheet, and cover it with parchment paper and spray with pan spray
- Add the sugar, water, and corn syrup, and food coloring (if you choose to use it) to a pot and start to heat over high heat
- Once it starts to boil add a candy thermometer and let it boil until you are close to the hard crack phase, around 300F
- Place one apple at a time in the syrup and move it around to cover it with the syrup
- Place the apples onto the sprayed baking sheet and let them cool
- Don’t break your teeth when you eat them!