I saw this breakfast sandwich in a dream, and when I woke up, I knew I had to make it. We had some left-over pork loin from the night before, and it was perfectly sized for sandwiches. I should have added some cheese and lettuce to bump it up a little, but hindsight is 50/50. I don’t often have recipe dreams; let alone recipes I remember and then recreate. But this one was different somehow.
As I said in a previous article, I’ve been hitting a wall for content. This dream was just what I needed to get ahead in my planning. I used to keep a list of recipes I’d make, it helped for a while, but it was also a little restrictive. Now, I have a few ideas that I sit on for a while and then make, or I’ll find inspiration in something and come up with a recipe. This month has been very productive, as I have four weeks of content, including this one and more to come, as I near my 100th article. If my counting is correct, this is article 94, and I am celebrating two years as a writer with Voice Magazine this month. Six weeks to go, and the countdown to 100 is on!
So, let’s get to recipe number 94. It’s simple and delicious.
Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
4-6 pieces of French toast
Pork loin or back bacon
Three slices of cheese
- Make a recipe of French toast and get yourself four to six slices.
- Heat the pork or back bacon on a grill after the French toast is made.
- Butter one slice of toast, add the two slices of ham, cheese, and a few slices of tomato
- Add lettuce if you have any.
- Make it a sandwich with another slice of the French toast and enjoy!