This space is provided free to AUSU: The Voice does not create or edit this content. Contact email@example.com with questions or comments about this page.
– Jun 30: Deadline to apply for course extension for July
– July 10: Deadline to register in a course starting Aug 1
– July 11: AUSU Council Meeting
– Jul 14: August degree requirements deadline
– Jul 31: Deadline to apply for course extension for Sept
– Aug 8: AUSU Council Meeting
– Aug 10: Deadline to register in a course starting Sept 1
AUSU provides free access to the Student Lifeline for all members, which provides expert support for a wide range of issues, including:
LIFE: Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Grief/Loss, Community Resources, Legal Support
FAMILY: Couples, Parenting, Separation/Divorce, Child & Elder Care, Education
MONEY: Savings, Debt Management, Estate Planning/Wills, Home Buying/Renting
WORK: Starting Your Career, Work Relationships, Job Stress/Burnout, Being Organized
HEALTH: Nutrition Counselling, Naturopathy, Sleep, Addiction, Smoking Cessation
This is a FREE service for all AUSU members!
Contact Student LifeLine any time, 24/7 at 1-800-567-2255 (TTY:1-877-371-9978) to speak to a caring, professional consultant.
You can also log in to http://www.lifeworks.com (username: AUSU, password: wellness) to access a wealth of helpful articles and resources.
One of AUSU’s most important roles is to provide Advocacy for AU undergraduate students. AUSU advocates on behalf of all students at the provincial and national level, but we also provide advocacy at the University level, both on an individual basis and on behalf of all students.
If you are experiencing issues at AU that you would like assistance with, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to assist you!
In addition, AUSU council and executives sit on over 30 different AU committees to ensure the student voice is heard, including:
– Board of Governors
– General Faculties Council
– Faculty Council for each Faculty
– Student Experience Team
– Student Academic Appeals Committee
– E-text Advisory Committee
– Academic Excellence Awards Committee
– .. and many more!
AUSU executives also regularly meet with various AU VP’s, including the President, Faculty Deans, and various other department heads.