We’ve been under a new normal for a few months now, and the number of people who have decided to garden has been understandably increasing, why not start a new hobby? My family and I finally got around to turning our weed patch into something useful. We planted carrots, corn, onions, peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, chives, lettuce, tomatoes, strawberries, and an apple tree. Our garden already had raspberries, so this year we are just managing them. So far everything is doing great, but so are the weeds; it’s a lot more work than it seems. But, if you are adventurous enough to have planted green beans, or know someone who has a plethora of them, then here is a little recipe for you to enjoy them.
Store bought fresh beans are perfect as well. I usually cut off both ends, rinse them, and toss the ends into our compost bin.
Toasted Green Beans
Panko Bread mixture
2 TBSP Panko breadcrumbs
2 tsp parmesan cheese
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 lb fresh green beans
1 TBSP canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cut off the ends of each beans and wash them.
- Put the beans in a bowl and drizzle with oil and mix.
- Place the beans on a sheet pan and sprinkle on the bread crumb mix.
- Roast for 5 minutes and turn over the beans.
- Cook another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.