But stay away from going under the knife. My doctor had botched plastic surgery. Now she’s camera shy. Another friend uses Botox which could harm her facial muscles. And on TV I saw a woman with breast implants that ate through her skin.
So, look younger the natural ways—through diet and exercise. And a bit of teeth straightening.
A friend had a mess of a mouth. Teeth growing in all directions—some teeth doubled up, one behind the other. But she got her teeth straightened. The last time I saw her, she sported a swimsuit smile. Now she needs to toss the cigs and hit the gym. She’ll shave off another ten.
Oh, and search for stunning hair colors. Don’t stop until you find one you love the minute the stylist takes off the towel. Test the colors by placing swatches next to your hair and eyes. And get highlights and lowlights with toner for a natural look.
As for the face, nothing shines the skin like fruits and veggies. But beware the sun. My boyfriend and I bake in sunrays every chance. But my face has since grown lumps—nubs I call them—that never seem to fade. So, I plan to slather sunscreen on my skin—even when it snows.
You can look five to thirty years younger, even if you’re in your eighties. So, look youthful with tips from Diana Polska in her book Look Your Best: Look Younger Beauty Products:
- To look beautiful, go natural: “The best makeup products are natural, non-toxic, preferably organic, and contain no chemicals or as little as possible” (location 89 of 1761, 5%).
- But go edible natural: “If it can’t be eaten then it shouldn’t be applied to the skin” (location 357, 20%).
- Moisturize your skin the natural way: “Natural oils can replace the use of commercially prepared moisturizers …. You can use grape seed oil, squalene oil, rose hip seed oil, jojoba oil, borage seed oil, avocado oil, or sea buckthorn oil” (location 552, 31%).
- And use organic hair products: “Most women report that after they stop using commercial hair products, their hair stops shedding and grows faster. Switch to natural, organic, chemical-free hair products” (location 615, 35%).
- Grow long hair the natural way: “The most effective oils for promoting hair growth are emu oil, amla oil, castor oil, and coconut oil along with the essential oils of rosemary, thyme, lavender, and cedarwood” (location 661, 38%).
- And straighten crooked teeth: “The highest rated cosmetic facial procedures are Ultherapy and Invisalign. Invisalign straightens crooked teeth with a series of clear aligners that can be removed and are nearly invisible” (location 789, 45%).
- Use organic teeth whitener: “Botanical White is a teeth-whitening product that contains natural ingredients. It uses sodium bicarbonate micro crystals, which is an effective whitener that produces little or no teeth sensitivity” (location 873, 50%).
- And slather on sunscreen year-round: “Sunscreen should be treated like the most important beauty product and youth preserver” (location 375, 21%).
- Most of all, get fit: “Waist to hip ratio (WHR) and body mass index (BMI) are the two factors that determine the attractiveness of the body …. A woman must take care of her body through diet and exercise if she wants to be in perfect form” (location 996, 57%).
Fitness can shave twenty years off your body’s appearance.
Consider me. Over a year ago, I looked out of shape. So, I wore ugly sweaters. I hid in my friend’s deceased Mom’s hand-me-downs. And I’d whine when my boyfriend dragged me into boutiques.
But over a year ago, I began weightlifting and doing cardio. And just yesterday, while shopping, I tried on four shirts. Every shirt looked stunning.
Now I just need to eat enough veggies to correct my face.